Serving Catholic Education
The mission of Bishop Fenwick School is to create a nurturing environment where Catholic teachings are integrated with academic excellence.
We recognize that parents are the primary educators of their children and together we collaborate on the development of the whole child; academically, emotionally, socially and spiritually.
As a Catholic community, we provide an environment that is conducive to all learning styles. We promote high standards that enable individuals to reach their greatest potential.
Recognizing that we are all God’s children, we accept the uniqueness of each individual and believe that a positive self-image in enhanced by cooperation and respect between students, parents, staff and parishes.
The teaching of Catholic values, practice and doctrine, along with service opportunities and worship, is essential to the development of the whole person.
Children experience learning success, become life-long learners and contributing members of their community.
Bishop Fenwick Offers
A Commitment To Your Child
As the only Catholic School in Muskingum County, Bishop Fenwick Elementary & Middle School and Bishop Rosecrans High School offers a unique, personal environment with excellent student to teacher ratios, where Catholic values and morals are integrated into every part of the educational experience, and academic excellence with testing scores ranking among the top are prevalent.
A Quality Education Made Affordable
- Easy Payment Plans and Tuition Assistance Programs
- Diocesan grants may be awarded through the FACTS program
- Parish grants may be awarded to participating members
- Grants may become available for non-Catholic families attending
- Families receive up to $1,500 in tuition credit through the SCRIP program
- EdChoice Options
Christ is the REASON for this School
While the moral and spiritual foundation is built at home, the staff strives to reinforce and integrate those learning experiences throughout the school day.
I know as a parent I’m doing exactly the right thing
by sending my children to a school where faith, trust
and love for God and others are encouraged,
lived and witnessed on a daily basis.
– Stacy, Mother of Gabrielle
Striving for Academic Excellence
The schools are fully accredited by the State of Ohio through the Ohio Catholic School Accrediting Association. Many student’s state-approved standardized test scores are in the high 80th to the low 90th percentile and the 2009 graduating class’ ACT Mean score was 24.2.
Learning At Bishop Fenwick School
Faith and Family
- Bishop Fenwick School sees all students as unique and special gifts from God, servicing each student as an individual.
- Bishop Fenwick School prepares students to be life-long learners of the Catholic faith and productive citizens in their community.
- Bishop Fenwick School is a Catholic School in which students attend Mass weekly and receive Religion class daily in conjunction with their strong academic schedule.
- Bishop Fenwick School provides all families opportunity to volunteer in the school.
- Bishop Fenwick School’s eighth graders have the opportunity to take Algebra I and receive high school credit at Bishop Rosecrans High School.
- Bishop Fenwick School’s OAA assessment is traditionally above the state average in all areas tested.
- Bishop Fenwick School’s Terra Nova assessments scores are consistently above the National Average in all areas tested.
- Bishop Fenwick School has a full time Special Education Department and has added handicap accessibility to the campuses.
- Bishop Fenwick School is certified by the State of Ohio and fully accredited through the Ohio Catholic Accrediting Association. They also have membership in the National Catholic Education Association and the Diocese of Columbus.
Structured for Safety and Success
- Bishop Fenwick School has a 24-hour video security in both campuses for our student’s safety.
- Bishop Fenwick School’s student to teacher ratio is currently 13 to 1.
- Bishop Fenwick School is a Pre-School – 8th grade program.
- Bishop Fenwick School accepts Ed Choice, Ed Choice Expansion and Jon Peterson scholarships through the State of Ohio
- Bishop Fenwick School is comprised of two different campuses. Both campuses have wireless Internet and contain up-to-date technology in each classroom, which is integrated into all aspects of the curriculum.
- Bishop Fenwick School has interactive Smart Boards in each classroom and three mobile iPads and carts for each campus.